Tuesday, June 05, 2007

Capella’s Colloquia.

Fixing my sight on the name board that reads, Dr. Malathy Badri M.Sc; M.Ed; PhD, I am devoting more of time to enhance my theoretical and practical knowledge and leadership skills that will project me as someone with authority on Maths and Education.

I have already established myself as an expert in maths coaching to high school students. As I am getting many enquiries from college students, I want to qualify myself and hence my decision to earn a doctorate degree in education.

When many parents of my students prodded me to publish my book on Maths, I felt I am yet ready for that. But, Sara Orem was my prime motivator.

Don’t you know who Sara Orem is?

Sara Orem, PhD, is an adjunct faculty member at Capella University, an accredited online university.

How she motivated me?

She has co-authored a new book titled Appreciative Coaching: A Positive Process for Change.

What is new in this book?

Appreciative Coaching uses positive questions, mindfulness, and other tools to acknowledge the strengths of individuals and effect change.

I have chosen Capella University for my doctoral degree because I want a program that matches my determination to excel and at the same time allow me the flexibility to balance other responsibilities in my life.

Actually, I want to write here more about their colloquia which is a face-to-face program component that allows me to connect with other learners and faculty from around the world as well as with Capella University support staff. Since it is a rather lengthy subject, I will write about it exclusively some other time.

Now a brief note about Capella University:

Founded in 1993, Capella currently offers university degrees online that suits majority of the people who want to add a few degrees after their names by e-learning method. Capella currently offers 82 graduate and undergraduate specializations and 16 certificate programs

This blog post is based on information provided by Blogitive. For more information, please visit Blogitive.com.


Kindly Bookmark and Share it:

No comments: