Tuesday, August 28, 2007

If it is Friday, it must be Sydney.


That was the title of a travelogue that came into my possession several years ago. It came through snail mail with my full name and address. Knowing it to be a SPAM, I was about to throw it into garbage but changed my mind to read the contents first.

Inside, I saw beautiful photographs of many important places in Australia and a fairly thick brochure that contained hundreds of hotels in all the major cities in Australia.

Generally, we (my family) used to arrange bookings in hotels where they provide full guidance to sight seeing because they know better than others and the service is dependable.

For the best amenities a Sydney Hotel can provide, Castle Hill hotel is the best choice. From there one can go to Australian National Maritime Museum is located in Darling Harbour, The Chinese Garden and more.

Since there are many water sports and other entertainments in Darling Harbour, one can choose to stay in a Darling Harbour Hotel. Of late, travelers to Sydney head straight to Darling Harbour because of varied dining and entertainment options such as King Street Wharf and Cockle Bay Wharf.

Then there was one small brochure. It was about Melbourne city, Melbourne hotels, and prominent eateries and local transport. Hmmm… not a bad idea to stay in a Melbourne Hotel as it seems.

Melbourne is famous for continental foods. One can enjoy a delicious Korean meal, or choose to eat in Carlton for Italian delicacies. It seems, Sydney and Melbourne both enjoy a temperate climate.

I was glad that I opened that snail mail. I have stored the contents even today.

Image: Darling Harbour; courtesy: Wikipedia

Kindly Bookmark and Share it:

No comments: