Thursday, April 10, 2008

Matching people with electronics.

Internet is the greatest motivator for all. And it is absolutely amazing to me that there are people in this world with so many bright ideas to make money, to meet people and to travel to Greenland.

Greenland is one place that continues to interest me because I know nothing about Greenland.








Getting back to the bright ideas, here is a review website -Retrevo, dedicated to consumer electronics such as television, digital camera, mobile phone, laptop and so on.

The main purpose of this website is to help people who have an inclination to buy an electronic product. Before they buy, they can visit this web site, read reviews and feedback given by others like you and I.

Ok, let me see, how exactly the Retrevo can help us:
* We can find exactly what we are looking to buy or probably better than what we have in mind.
*Read feedback and tips from consumers who have already bought and used the product.

What Retrevo says:
"We can help you get the support answers - including taking you directly to the specific page in a pdf manual! Our goal is to give you answers for all your electronics needs from before you buy to after you've had the product for years, and everything in between".

I decided to test the website and clicked on the image of a PDA. The next screen presented me with three choices of PDA categorized under "low end, mid range and high end".

On the left of this information, I saw a map with clickable dots and balloons. When I clicked, the information about another PDA was presented right along.

Yes, the information is presented in a nice and innovative way.
The page loads fast.
The home page design and layout is beautiful.

I feel the font size of the bottom menu could be slightly bigger. I read their FAQ and this question looked odd and out of place.
"What is wrong with the search, find and support process for consumer electronics products today?"

May be they have their valid reason for placing this question.
Kindly Bookmark and Share it:

No comments: