Tuesday, April 07, 2009

The oldest quotations web site.

I often use quotes of repute in blog post. They are interesting to read, thought provoking and thus add some richness to my blog post. An hour before, I wrote a blog post about "What is democracy" using a lovely quotation.

Where do I go for great quotations?
I have several resources and I found out today "Quotations Page" which is claiming to be the oldest quotations web site in the internet. The web site was established in 1994. It has about 26,000 quotations from as many as 3100 authors.

That is quite a lot!

You can search quotations by category (there are many), by authors and at random. The category wise searching can be quick and interesting.

Example:
Category: Weather
Quote: "When all is said and done, the weather and love are the two elements about which one can never be sure."

Bookmark it and share.
Kindly Bookmark and Share it:

No comments: