Thursday, April 19, 2007

You must meet Cyndi.

I was curiously interested to find other search engines that an average browser overlooks.

I feel over 90% of the internet users use Yahoo and Google as their search portals. Even MSN must rank much lower than the two giants.

I did a Google on the list of internet search engines and among the search page results, I selected Cyndi's List to visit first.

A phenomenal work has been done by Cyndi to search and compile extraordinary resources, categorize them in genealogical order.

The site receives 15000 visitors every day and it receives 70k page hits daily.
Look at what the webmaster says,” On average I add 1,500 new links, update/correct 600 links, and delete 300 non-working links each month."

That must be mind boggling. Man, she has motivation!

Kindly Bookmark and Share it:

No comments: