Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Are you a vegan?

First let us learn how to pronounce VEGAN. Say it VEE-gun. Thats right.

My help was wanted by one of my students to write an article on vegetarianism. She has to present it for her school annual magazine and it is a prestigious issue for her.

A vegan is someone who, for various reasons, chooses to avoid using or consuming animal products. While vegetarians choose not to use flesh foods, vegans also avoid dairy and eggs, as well as fur, leather, wool, down, and cosmetics or chemical products tested on animals.

Yeah, that I call as a pure vegan.

Veganism, the natural extension of vegetarianism, is an integral component of a cruelty-free lifestyle. Living vegan provides numerous benefits to animals' lives, to the environment, and to our own health–through a healthy diet and lifestyle.

Obviously I can't write the entire article here but have just given gist of it. For this, I owe my gratitude to Vegan.org
Kindly Bookmark and Share it:

No comments: