Monday, November 19, 2007

Come out smiling from Journey Lite.

The medical insurance person was on the dot for his appointment with me. His first impression about me was not all that encouraging me to. I could sense a faint disbelief in his eyes. Only later I found out the reason. He believed that I am hiding my age.

When I showed my age proof, it somewhat pacified him.

He asked me the usual questions like whether I have any chronic diseases, my husband’s case history and my father’s too who is no more.

He asked me in an apologetic manner if I have a gastric band implanted. When I said no and asked him why he asked, he said his insurance company is not yet decided whether to insure persons who had undergone lapband surgery, the less complicated weight loss surgery where the size of the stomach is reduced using a gastric band so that only limited quantity of food can be eaten and you feel fuller soon.

The procedure involves placing an adjustable band around the upper part of your stomach to create a pouch. The pouch fills up quickly and the food passes slowly through a gap, formed by the band, into the rest of the stomach. The food then passes normally through the rest of the digestive system.

I told him I am aware of the details and I also know that Journey Lite specializes in Laparoscopic Adjustable Gastric Banding.

e has taken all the papers with him and I am yet to hear from him.

Kindly Bookmark and Share it:

No comments: