Sunday, October 26, 2008

So, what can you do in Good Reads?

I am aware that I wrote about Good Reads sometime back. Since them I am using that site to immense benefit. My students are always thanking me for my blog post.

I am bringing up my post again for the benefit of new readers.

GoodReads, the social network for books, book readers and book authors. As of now, there 30 million books in its database.

30 Million books!

So, what can you do in Good Reads?

Read what you like and then recommend it; browse through others’ recommendations too.

Review the book you read, rate it for the benefit of others. But remember, taste differs; so as always, stick to your preferences but there is no harm trying a new book totally based recommendations-right? You are more likely to find an unexplored gem.

Oh yes, I forgot to mention about the actively participated discussion group and you also can create a book club. What better way to interact with like minded people?

Good Reads also offer a Facebook application! That’s a good one!

See how it works.

Kindly Bookmark and Share it:

No comments: